Wednesday 19 March 2014

To be in the city of bridges

Glad that i was back again with an old friend. Testing times you know. So Sunday afternoon I go to that part of the Pune city which tricked me into actually loving it. Shaniwar Peth. Chai used to be for Rs. 7 over there when I had my first misal paav with some batchmates including Swaroopa and Amit Deshmukh Sir.
And then I got the chance to sip on the same tea after two years and eight months for Rs. 10 while Renu and Himalay gulped down glasses of Sugarcane juice each. It felt good to be in the 'sheher' again. Followed by maharashtrian lunch on a lazy sunday afternoon made by a beautiful lady. And then the toil of a student film shoot went on for the next few hours. Sunday well spent. Regardless of the fact how dicy my academic life seems like at the moment.
So ready to head back to our respective shit holes, for some reason I am left stranded on the road near one of the Pune city bridges with my friend and then we wait while coming to a decision on as to where to go or not go. The next moment we see fireworks, And my friend goes " Pune the city of bridges" and laughs it off. Sarcastically i guess. I just guess. Not sure.
An auto is taken towards the other developed Non-Pune like part of the city, passing by lottery ticket stores and buildings and buildings which don't seem to be hanging on in my memory, cause all I care now is for some sleep.
I reach. I collapse. I wake up and eat. And all the merry takes place in front of me in a flash of a few tiring and happy hours.
And then you wake up to the morning with a content feeling you were longing for since ages.
Brunch time becomes crisp. Im still wearing the same clothes and they stink. Of sleep and sweat and warmth.
I leave and reach Cafe Garden. And spend time with all the things lovely. Like the cats and cups of tea. My second favorite after the Shaniwar peth chai. Religion changes. Area changes. The taste of chai differs. But it all tastes good. The difference in taste is amazingly good. Why can't we just accept it?
Anyway.
I'm not alone at the cafe anymore. I have all the things lovely and real for the next 3-4 hours. I finally say goodbye.
I see the cashier at the counter change from the afternoon fellow to the evening one. He was happy to see me again. Again and not alone.
The Chaass at Cafe Garden sucks by the way.
But fireworks and moments of short lived happiness juxtaposed against a cool breeze of air at 8 pm in the evening is a sight to feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment